Name: Jamie Schul
Profession/Career: Registered Nurse at Parkview Health in the Ortho Neuro Trauma Unit.
1. Why do you train?
To keep in shape, and to prevent weight gain as I get older.
2. Why do you do train at CrossFit Angola?
I had a membership at the YMCA. I came to the free week and got more of a workout in 12 minutes then I would going to the Y and working out by myself.
3. What were you most afraid of when you first joined our gym?
The crazy high weights and weightlifting
4. What one thing got you to take the initial leap and sign up?
The last day of the free week, the workout had something with jumping lunges in it. I got home and my legs were so tired I could barely stand! That was like a 12-15 minute workout and it made me feel like that, so I figured clearly it’s working!
5. What were your goals when you first started?
I wanted to do a strict pull-up, and come to class 3-4 times per week.
6. What are your goals now (if different)?
Well I got my pull-up so that’s an accomplishment! I would like to get a bar muscle up next.
7. What is most important to you in your life right now?
Family…That is why I live in Indiana, to be closer to family. Other than that, just traveling and staying active.
9. Favorite movement/exercise?
I’m starting to like things on the pull-up bar, like chest to bar pull-ups and toes to bar. Those are things I’ve never done before and it makes me feel accomplished doing new things.
10. Least favorite movement/exercise?
Least favorite anything with the Assault Bike!
11. What differences have you noticed since starting at CFA?
Definitely notice my arms are more toned and I can feel my legs are stronger. Overall, I have more energy and drive to do stuff.